The Wine Discovery Concept
If you enjoy your wine but always wanted to learn a little bit more, here is a perfect opportunity to gain some wine knowledge with the added bonus of tasting some quality wines.
Nathalie Amey offers Wine Discovery sessions in the comfort of your accommodation on Bruny Island that will help unlock some of the mysteries of wine and wine tasting. It’s a perfect way to spend a few hours with family or friends while you enjoy your stay.
Depending on which Wine Discovery session you choose, you will also have the option of learning some of the secrets of wine and food pairing.
You choose the session that suits you best and Nathalie will
- introduce you to using your senses of taste, smell and sight to understand wine
- help you discover how to recognise aromas in wine
- teach good wine tasting technique
- analyse white and red wines through blind tasting
- profile Tasmanian wines and wine regions
- highlight and help you understand the difference between Old World and New World wines
The Wine Discovery Options
Depending on what you would like to learn and experience, there are five different Wine Discovery options for you to choose from.
Wine Discovery I
Understanding wine and your tastes. Learn how to talk about wine. Blind tasting of 2 white and 2 red Tasmanian wines.
Wine Discovery II
Blind tasting of 3 white and 3 red Tasmanian wines. Learn the secrets of matching wine & food*
Pinot Noir Discovery
Understand the difference between the Old World French and Tasmanian Pinot Noir. Blind tasting of 2 Old World and 2 Tasmanian Pinots.
Understand the difference between the Old World French and Tasmanian Chardonnay. Blind tasting of 2 Old World and 2 Tasmanian Chardonnays.
Old World / New World Wine Discovery
Understand the difference between the Old World French and Tasmanian Chardonnay & Pinot Noir. Blind tasting of four wines, Old World and Tasmanian Chardonnays and Pinot Noir.
- each session runs for approximately 1.5 hours
- we supply professional wine tasting glasses and equipment for every session
- cost per person is $50 with a minimum of $200 (*$70 per person for WDII)
- wines used for tasting at guests cost, with price confirmed before the event. (Approx $200 per session with unused portion to be enjoyed by guests later).
- minimum 24 hours notice required for bookings, subject to availability
- prices valid until 30th November, 2020
If you want to learn more about wine in a convivial, supportive atmosphere, you can book Nathalie for a private wine education and appreciation session now.
For Bookings and More Information
Please contact Nathalie Amey or Jonathan Ross if you'd like to make a booking or require more information.
Tel: Nathalie 0423 497 050, Jonathan 0423 497 176