I was born on a farm in Normandy where from an early age, I felt at one with nature. It was growing up on the farm I gained an increased sensitivity to the natural essences of plants, developing my palate and being nourished by the earthly riches of Normandy.
My profession amd passion now is sharing my knowledge of wine and educating people in the subtleties of wine, winemaking, understanding the terroir and an appreciation of fine food and wine to match.
I have lived in Portugal for 4 years and wine and travel has always been a part of my life. Fluent in French, English and Portuguese, my joy is sharing the love of wine and appreciation of the terroir with people of all nationalities.
My visits to Australia have also been wonderful experiences where I have been able to visit many wine regions and sample some of the best New World wines. There is quite a contrast in styles and wine making techniques between Old World / New World wines so it is now my pleasure to share and contibute to a better understanding of wines everywhere.
Apart from guiding eno-tours, I
- am a teacher of oenology and Professeur at a hospitality college in Normandy
- have organised tastings for the Embassy of the United States, NATO and the Royal Navy on discovering Portuguese wines
- have also organized tastings to discover the wines of Canada and Australia in partnership with the embassies of those countries for the "Clube de Jornalistas" Lisbon
- guided a Japanese sommelier group from Kobe through the vineyards of California
- organise wine events for connoisseurs
- organise team building through wine tasting events
- run courses for wine professionals to develop new skills for vocational certification
A special project I recently organised was an event to recreate a dinner from the 19th century for Prince Nikola Petrović-Njegoš of Montenegro. Matching food and wine for this very special occasion was a highlight for me.
This is just a small sample of my involvement in promoting and education people in the joy and appreciation of wine.
Go and meet the friendly wine growers on their soil. Winemakers who passionately produce terroir wines that reflect their personalities, their ethics and who perpetuate an ancestral knowledge of wine making and the terroir. Knowledge that will be preserved for future generations and the good of humanity.